Welcome to STAMink

393My name is Etan Katz and I am a certified Sofer STAM living in Israel.

Shortly after making Aliyah in 2000, I started writing megilos and nevi’im part-time. A part-time hobby became a full-time career, and I eventually moved on to writing Sifrei Torah, tefilin, and mezuzos. BE”H, I have recently completed writing my 6th Sefer Torah.

I started this blog as an educational resource for people interested in learning more about the work of a Sofer and the creation of Sifrei Torah, tefilin, mezuzos, megilos, and nevi’im. Stay up to date by subscribing to this blog via RSS or email. You can also follow me on Twitter, “like” my FaceBook fan page, or circle my Google+ page to receive notification of new blog posts and other updates.

If this is your first time here, you can start with the Index page to see the complete list of posts, or just go the the Home page to see the most recent post.

To learn more about me, please go to my LinkedIn profile to see my complete resumé, as well as many recommendations. If you have any questions you can check out the FAQ or go to the Contact page to send me an email.

-= 8 =-